Call: 01835 864 866
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone Unisex Soft Hip Protector
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone Soft Hip Protector in wrap around style for men and women
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone offers a quick and convenient dressing due to its wrap around style. The EasyFit TailBone delivers extra protection to the coccyx area as it features 2 protective pads at the hips and one at coccyx - the tail bone at the lower back. TailBone protection is important during backward falls and when person is sweying due to dizziness, lack of balance or poor vision.
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone soft hip protector is perfect for wear by people, who have difficulties with stepping into garments. The EasyFit TailBone hip protector can be wrapped around the person and subsequently fastened together. The 'wrap over' design allows the hip protector garment to be conveniently draped over any personal continence pants or large diapers. Patients can be dressed and changed whilst standing, sitting or lying down.
HipSaver EasyFit TAilBone is unisex and made in moisture wicking polycotton with spandex fabric. The fabric is has moisture wicking properties to ensure optimum dryness even if exposed to urine leakage.
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone is available in 6 sizes in white only.
HipSaver is a soft hip protector, designed to protect elderly people from fall related hip fractures. HipSaver soft hip protector can be worn night and day for 24 hour protection against hip injuries and hip fractures caused by accidental falls, trips and slips. HipSaver soft hip protectors are highly effective, yet soft and comfortable.
HipSaver Soft Hip Protector is a proven & tested Class 1 Medical Device.
HipSavers are designed to serve as a replacement underwear, which means that there is no need to wear another underwear garment underneath. HipSavers are fully machine washable and will withstand many washes at high temperatures up to 95°C. They can also be tumble dried for speed and convenience. The protective airPads are fully waterproof and will not be damaged in the wash or during tumble drying.
* 12 months Quality Guarantee covers material and/or workmanship faults, hence, if products were to be found faulty, such would be immediately replaced. Quality Guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, disregard of laundry precaution on the use of bleach or purposeful damage.
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone Unisex Soft Hip Protector sizes
HipSaver EasyFit TailBone soft hip protectors are available in 6 sizes for best fit and comfort.
HipSaver TailBone sizes are as follows:
1. X Small (XS): 70 - 81 cm / 28 - 31 inches
2. Small (S): 82 - 92 cm / 32 - 35 inches
3. Medium (M): 93 - 102 cm / 36 - 39 inches
4. Large (L): 103 - 114 cm / 40 - 44 inches
5. X Large (XL): 115 - 127 cm / 45 - 50 inches
6. XX Large (XXL): 128 - 146 cm / 51 - 57 inches
To establish correct size, you must measure the circumference of the body at the trochanter hip joint level at the top of the thigh bone - the area of the trochanter.
When trying your HipSaver for the first time - please try it over another clean garment for fit. If you feel that you have selected a wrong size, please call us on 01835 864866 to arrange an exchange for another size.
HipSaver HipSaver EasyFit TailBone is available in white only. It features wrap around style that makes dressing of patients lying in bed or sitting much easier.
Most HipSaver users have 3 pairs of HipSavers - one pair being worn, one pair in a wash and one pair clean and ready for use.
HipsSver EasyFit TailBone is made from soft polycotton fabric with spandex. The airPad is made from special memory foam encapsulated in polyurethane. The airPads are permanently sewn into the garment. You can launder HipSaver in washing machine on hot wash up to 95º C and tumble dry it at warm to medium heat. HipSaver has been designed to withstand hot washes and be tumble dried.
About Hip Protectors
Hip protectors reduce the risk of life threatening hip fractures caused by accidental falling.
HipSaver soft hip protectors are effective and superior to other hip protectors in comfortability, usability, acceptance and compliance. HipSaver soft hip protectors have been used successfully in the UK by the NHS and elderly care providers since 2002.
HipSaver soft hip protectors cater for the needs of elderly people (i.e. continence problems, poor grip, comfort, style) and the needs of carers (i.e. durability, easy care, simple dressing). HipSavers are 'wash & dry' at 95ºC and made in several user friendly styles and sizes for comfort and fit. You can choose HipSaver underwear, HipSaver long casual trousers or HipSaver pyjama pants for 24 hour protection from a fall related impact.
HipSavers soft hip protectors improve the safety of elderly people.
HipSavers are proven & tested Class 1 Medical Devices.
HipSaver Soft Hip Protector clinical evidence
HipSaver has been designed and developed in the USA by Ed Goodwin, the president of HipSaver Inc. Since its launch in 1994, HipSaver has been a subject of many clinical projects and studies, evaluating its effectiveness, acceptance, usability and adherence to wearing.
Below, we list some of the key work on HipSaver soft hip protector:
- Hip Pads: Effective fracture prevention. George Gross, Tsan-Hui Chen, Carolyn Flaherty. (2000). Advance for Physical Therapists. 11(22). 45-46.
- Hip Protector Compliance: A 13-Months Study on Factors and Cost in a Long-Term Care Facility. Jeffrey B. Burl, James Centola, Alice Bonner, Colleen Burque. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association (JAMDA), 2003: 4 (5): 245-250.
- Prevention of fall-induced hip fractures: Usability evaluation of hip protectors. K.R. Dunn, C.L. Brace, T. Masud, R.A. Haslam, R.O. Morris. Contemporary Ergonomics 2005 (edited by P.D. Bust and P.T. MaCabe).Taylor and Francis, London. Ergonomics Society Conference, Hatfield, 6-8 April 2005, pp 464-468. ISBN 0415374480.
- RHINO Hip Protector Project: a 12 Months Hip Protector Study. Christine Elliott, Dudley, West Midlands. July 2003 - June 2004.
- South West Kent PCT Hip Protector Trial. Sue Betts. 2005.
- Hip Protector Project in the Medway and Swale. Catherine Steinmann. 2007.
- High Efficacy for Hip Protectors in the Prevention of Hip Fractures Among Elderly People With Dementia. Doron Garfinkel MD, Zorian Radomislsky MD, Samira Jamal RN, Joshua Ben-Israel MD. Journal of the American Medical Directors (JAMDA), 2008: 9 (5); 313-318.
Copies of the above projects and studies are available on request.
VAT exemption does not apply to this product.
This website takes orders for deliveries within the United Kingdom only.
You can select preferred shipping & delivery option at the Checkout:
- standard ( 2 -3 working days) @ £4.00 + VAT (£4.80)
- next working day @ £7.00 + VAT (£8.40) - orders must be placed by 1 pm on a working day Monday to Friday
- free ( 9 - 10 working days)